PDA

View Full Version : Is QT Right Choice for my application?

chiru458
27th August 2015, 07:02
Hi Everyone,

I am planning to design a website for a specific set of audience but the content of the site is not a HTML based content. It should have some interactive graphics such as designing, filling, graphical way of explaining solutions etc.

If I build the application using QT5, can I embed that application to a website with a registration and security of the content based on registration etc.
Also if I want to extend the application to Mobile App such as iOS or Android, how compatible will be the original application developed from Windows/MacOS PC based platforms?

I have my model, requirements, and plan in place. I need some serious help in exploring the options that I can consider for my application.

Regards,
Chiru

0backbone0
27th August 2015, 07:32
As far as I know you can't embed Executables into Websites.
What you are looking for is Flash / Actionscipt I think.

chiru458
27th August 2015, 08:21
Thanks for the reply. I will try to explain with some example of what I am planning to do.

I want to display an abacus for example on the right side with a simple addition question on the left hand side. I want to move the balls in abacus to the side as per the problem and get the result.

This can give solution to many questions such as 1+2, 3+4 etc. I want to have this kind of solution in the form of a website to help my students in a browsing application way. Similarly there can be many more types of questions and many methods of solving, designing questions etc.

I am a little confused, which technology to pick to handle these kind of requirements. I am very good web based application design (Using various frameworks) and have knowledge in C, C++, and Flash (to limited extent). I haven't coded anything of this sort before where an application features combined with web based features.

Appreciate any suggestions on how to start on this.

Regards,
Chiru

0backbone0
27th August 2015, 09:36
I think this can be even accomplished with Java-Script, if you don't want to use flash.

Maybe in the near future you will be able to embed QML into Websites.
Found this Link: http://akreuzkamp.de/2013/07/10/webapps-written-in-qml-not-far-from-reality-anymore/

chiru458
27th August 2015, 10:00
Is it possible to create an application with GUI using Javascript ? Haven't heard of it to that extent. Can you help provide some example sites?

Regards,
Chiru

0backbone0
27th August 2015, 10:56
Yes, you can create GUI Elements as well as Interactive stuff like drag and drop of Images.

This Site should get you started.
http://jsmadeeasy.com/about.htm

arcull
28th August 2015, 06:01
Another option is to create a java applet in put it inside webpage.