PDA

View Full Version : Qt 5.5 non-commercial + Qwt 6.1.2. + Qt VS Add-in 1.2.4

Pacu
24th September 2015, 17:20
I have managed to run the qwt example projects in VS 2013 ultimate (oscilloscope, realitime, etc.). Besides, I can drag and drop qwt widgets in the QtDesigner (opened from inside VS). I can make and run programs containing all the standard widgets. However, if I add Qwt widgets in the QtDesigner, I get build errors of this kind:

error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol “public: __cdecl QwtPlot::QwtPlot(class QWidget *)” (??0QwtPlot@@QEAA@PEAVQWidget@@@Z) referenced in function “public: void __cdecl Ui_QWTutorialClass::setupUi(class QMainWindow *)” (?setupUi@Ui_QWTutorialClass@@QEAAXPEAVQMainWindow @@@Z).

How can I make the programs run?

EDIT: Win 7 x64

d_stranz
25th September 2015, 21:34
You have to add the Qwt library to your link options in VS 2013. Look at one of the Qwt examples and do the same thing in your project.

Pacu
11th October 2015, 21:45
The Linker -> General -> Additional Library Dependencies are identical, similarly Linker -> Input -> Additional Dependencies ( with <different options> ). What could I be missing?

d_stranz
12th October 2015, 17:43
Are you compiling everything in either 64-bit or 32-bit mode?
Are you linking all release or all debug programs and libraries? (In other words, you cannot mix release or debug anywhere).
Is all of your code compiled using the same compiler? (You can't mix and match MSVC and mingw).
Was Qwt built against the same version of Qt you are using, and with the same version of MSVC?
Are you using Qwt as a static library or a DLL? If a DLL, did you add QWT_DLL (or whatever the define is) as a preprocessor definition?

Pacu
22nd October 2015, 18:56
Solved! I was confused by the meaning of <different options> in the project properties. PM me for detailed installation steps if you encounter a similar problem.