PDA

View Full Version : Installing

bsws1079
2nd April 2007, 21:21
I'm new at programming this year and I want to make my C++ game look more professional. I came across this website and I installed QDevelop but that is it so far. What else do I need to download? Can anyone give me links for the things I still need to download?

fullmetalcoder
2nd April 2007, 21:32
I'm new at programming this year and I want to make my C++ game look more professional. I came across this website and I installed QDevelop but that is it so far. What else do I need to download? Can anyone give me links for the things I still need to download?
It basically depends on what you want to do... To develop Qt applications you will need :

A supported C++ compiler (gcc/mingw/icc/msvc/...)
The Qt libraries
A text editor/IDEOnce you've that you can start coding... or reading the docs... Depends on whichh way you like :

saving hours of thinking by spending days of coding
saving days of coding by spending hours of thinking:)

bsws1079
2nd April 2007, 21:35
It basically depends on what you want to do... To develop Qt applications you will need :

A supported C++ compiler (gcc/mingw/icc/msvc/...)
The Qt libraries
A text editor/IDEOnce you've that you can start coding... or reading the docs... Depends on whichh way you like :

saving hours of thinking by spending days of coding
saving days of coding by spending hours of thinking:)

where do i get the Qt Libraries from?

Brandybuck
2nd April 2007, 23:19
where do i get the Qt Libraries from?

:-)

You can get Qt at <http://www.trolltech.com/developer/downloads/qt>. Qt comes n two versions, Open Source and Commercial. For commercial you need to purchase it. For Open Source it is free but your software that uses it must be Open Source as well.

Qt is crossplatform, for Windows, Unix, Linux and Mac OSX. It comes with complete documentation, but the book "C++ GUI Programming with Qt 4" (Blanchette and Summerfield) is a another good source of information.