PDA

View Full Version : Where/ how do I set Mkspec : default?

rookee
8th October 2015, 20:26
Hello All,

I'm new to the Qt and raspberry pi. I was trying to install Qt on raspberry pi following the instructions on wiki.qt.io. Could someone please help me with where / how do I set Mkspec : default at? I tried couple of posts but couldn't really figure out what to do. If anyone can help me with this it would be a great help. Thanks in advance.

ChrisW67
8th October 2015, 20:54
You can change the make spec being used by qmake using the QMAKESPEC environment variable, the -spec command line option, and possibly make that permanent with qmake -set. The default normally matches the built library for a good rason though.

What part of which instructions are asking you to do this? Please provide a link to the wiki page and step.

rookee
9th October 2015, 14:29
Hello ChrisW67,

Here's the link " https://wiki.qt.io/Apt-get_Qt4_on_the_Raspberry_Pi " that I'm following and in the last but one section "I added a gcc toolchain" part it says Mkspec: default. I couldn't figure that out. I'm not able to launch Qt creator from Menu>Programming>Qt Creator. I need to issue the command "sudo qtcreator -noload Welcome" on the terminal. And also the Welcome plugin which we find it to the left is missing on Qt creator when it opens. I'm sorry to overwhelm you with my questions. I request for your guide in setting up Qt. I'm trying learn and get some understanding about it. I really appreciate your valuable time.

ChrisW67
9th October 2015, 21:55
Is there a value already in the mkspecs box? I think the instruction means, "leave it at the default value", not "change the value to default." Where this value appears depends on exactly which Qt Creator version you have

The Welcome plugin is missing because the command you launch Qt Creator with tells it not to load that plugin. This is because the Pi does not have the necessary OpenGL or other graphics support the plugin requires. Loading it will probably leave a black screen in Creator or hang it totally.

rookee
13th October 2015, 19:28
I don't see the mkspecs box in the window, so I cleaned up the memory card and did a fresh installation(following the same link again). Tried to launch qtcreator from the programs it doesn't open, I tried to open it from the terminal using the command qtcreator and I get the following error same as earlier. I was wondering where I'm going wrong.

libEGL warning: DRI2: failed to authenticate
No tool chain set from kit "Desktop".
No tool chain set from kit "Desktop".
Unable to find an X11 visual which matches EGL config 125
Could not initialize EGL
Aborted

ChrisW67
13th October 2015, 20:50
That looks like you are missing some necessary kernel or library support to use OpenGL ES in your Pi's X11 environment. The "-noload Welcome" option is supposed to avoid the main GL conponent of Creator, and running it as root will remove permission issues from play.

I am not very familiar with RPi requirements in this area. You may be better off asking in an RPi forum.

rookee
15th October 2015, 16:10
Thanks Chris, I'll try posting it on the Raspberry pi forum. I appreciate your valuable time in replying to my post.