PDA

View Full Version : QSqlQueryModel needs filtering data - HOWTO

MarkoSan
16th October 2015, 11:42
I am working on QML/Qt app, which shows some products in QML ListView (named ProductsView), which works fine right now. But I've added second QML ListView (named CategoriesView), which shows product categories and I want to filter ProductsView according to selected category in CategoriesView. Now, in model behind ProductsView I have SQL statement, which selects all products from table. How do I filter ProductsView's model with QSortFilterProxyModel? Is this the right way and how do I filter data inside QSortFilterProxyModel with upgraded SQL statement using WHERE SQL statement?

P.S.: I am aware my questions are maybe confusing, but I do now know how to begin working on this?

Sincerely,
Marko

anda_skoa
16th October 2015, 15:23
You've already mentioned both your options:

1) filter on SQL level by using changing the query of the model that is shown in ProductsView

2) filter in a proxy model that sits between the SQL model and the view.
Either by filtering on a value in one of the columns of the source model or, if a more complex decision is necessary, by deriving and implementing filterAcceptsRow()

I would go for (1)

Cheers,
_

MarkoSan
16th October 2015, 17:45
You've already mentioned both your options:

1) filter on SQL level by using changing the query of the model that is shown in ProductsView

2) filter in a proxy model that sits between the SQL model and the view.
Either by filtering on a value in one of the columns of the source model or, if a more complex decision is necessary, by deriving and implementing filterAcceptsRow()

I would go for (1)

Cheers,
_

Did that, works ok!