PDA

View Full Version : OpenGl Issue

vermarajeev
3rd April 2007, 12:47
Hi guys,
I'm just trying out how to use openGl to draw a 3D representation.

I have written some code which I took help from qtAssistance but is unable to complete.

Run the application and you will find a QFrame (white color) on the left and opengl area on the right. There are some button just below frame. Just hit the button say 'Draw Rectangle' to draw a rectangle on frame( or draw a polygon, draw draw Text etc).

What I want-->
Initially the white frame is empty and a rectangle is shown on right which is 3D display area.
Click on Draw ploygon, then Click 'OK' . The polygon should be displayed with 3D representation on right. Which I should be able to rotate too. How to do that???

I'm having problems with 3D representation. Please help.

See the attached file.

Thanks

minimoog
4th April 2007, 01:15
I don't understand what you want?

vermarajeev
4th April 2007, 03:51
I don't understand what you want?

I have a frame (QFrame with white color on left) and a GLWidget on right. I have some buttons 'Draw Polygon', 'Draw Rectangle', 'Draw Ellipse', 'Draw Text' and 'OK'.
Initially the frame is blank and GLWidget is shown with a 3D view of rectangle.

What I want-->
Click on any button just below frame, it draws corresponding shape on frame. Now click on 'OK'. The shape on frame (which the user has Clicked) should be shown on GLWidget with 3D view. I'm not able to get 3D view of shape which the user has clicked.

This basically means I have a shape wherein I want to see the 3D view of that shape.

Did I make any sense??? If not let me know what you got I'll try to clarify it.

Thanks

vermarajeev
4th April 2007, 08:36
Can anyone please help me with this....

vermarajeev
4th April 2007, 11:28
Can anyone please help me with this....

Please guys... I want some help here!!!!

Have I made any sense above??????

minimoog
4th April 2007, 20:46
What do you mean with "3d representation of the polygon"?

vermarajeev
7th April 2007, 05:28
What do you mean with "3d representation of the polygon"?

3D means 3 Dimension. See the attached file for more information