PDA

View Full Version : How I can call QX11embedcontainer from Java?

dikku
19th October 2015, 19:38
How I can call QX11embedcontainer from Java?I read about JNI and , whichever functions I need to call I need to declare in java. But can i do something like by putting my application in QX11embedcontainer and just write JNI interface for only for it, which handles everything? Or I need to write Java classes for each and every C++ class respectively?

please reply someone.

anda_skoa
24th October 2015, 17:05
Maybe you could describe what your actual goal is.

Do you want to embed a Java application's window into a Qt application's window?

Cheers,
_

dikku
18th November 2015, 07:48
I have my qt application and now I want to integrate it in eclipse, this i want to achieve, but i didn't get any way, to do. :(

anda_skoa
18th November 2015, 09:22
QX11EmbedContainer is for the the other way around, embedding an X11 window inside a Qt application.

What you need is a way to embed the X11 window of your Qt application into another X11 application.
You'll need to check the libraries used to write Eclipse, SWT if I remember correctly, how it handles X11Embed.

Cheers,
_

dikku
20th November 2015, 11:51
Yeah, I also thought about SWT, but there also dependencies :(

Another thing is QX11EmbedContainer is not supported more QT5.X onwards. So for that any alternatives? AS something what i found is createWindowContainer(myWindow).

Is that a right way to get same feature in Qt5.x? Sorry , May be it will like inadequate question but, i just started about learning Qt.

anda_skoa
21st November 2015, 16:49
Yeah, I also thought about SWT, but there also dependencies :(

Not sure what you mean, SWT is the toolkit Eclipse is written in no?

Another thing is QX11EmbedContainer is not supported more QT5.X onwards. So for that any alternatives? AS something what i found is createWindowContainer(myWindow).

QWindow::fromWinId() is the equivalent in Qt5.
But equally not what you need, since the Qt application is not the host, Eclipse is.

Cheers,
_