PDA

View Full Version : Please help with QT instalation and error

mzein1292
22nd October 2015, 20:35
Hello

I have been trying all week to install QT. However I have been getting all week the same error when compiling no matter what I do.

So I will describe the steps I take to install and you tell me where I am doing it wrong.

I have already Installed Visual studio 2010, as I want to use MSVC as a compiler. The current version of visual studio 2010 is: Visual Studio 2010 Professional

I have installed QT 5.5.1 MSVC 2010 : qt-opensource-windows-x86-msvc2010-5.5.1.exe

I went inside the application, started a new project, and I got this error:

The program can't start because mspdb100.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem

reinstalling does not help. And I searched on google everywhere all the solution did not help

next I tried to ignore it and compile the program. NOPE. I got this error

jom: C:\Users\zem1fh\Documents\build-hellow-Desktop_Qt_5_5_1_MSVC2010_32bit-Debug\Makefile.Debug [debug\main.obj] Error 2
15:32:36: The process "C:\Qt\Qt5.5.1\Tools\QtCreator\bin\jom.exe" exited with code 2.
Error while building/deploying project hellow (kit: Desktop Qt 5.5.1 MSVC2010 32bit)
When executing step "Make"
15:32:36: Elapsed time: 00:00.

To be honest these errors are making me very irritated as I cannot find solution to it. I tried installing older version of QT (5.4.1 MSVC 2010) but that did absolutely nothing for me.

why is this happening ?

ChrisW67
22nd October 2015, 21:21
The DLL is not found becuase Visual studio's executable paths are not automatically added to the system PATH by Microsoft's installer. You need to have a working command line environment for the Microsoft compilers before Qt can use it. If Qt Creator is launched from such an environment then it can use the compiler. Try launching Qt Creator from the command line of a shell started form the VS "Visual Studio Command Prompt (2010)" to see.

Microsoft provide a batch file that will set up this environment for the current shell but the minimum you probably need is to add "...\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE" to the system PATH