PDA

View Full Version : QFontDatabase::addApplicationFont works in Embedded Linux, but not in Linux Ubuntu

Momergil
23rd October 2015, 14:30
Hi!

I have an app developed with Qt 4.8 compiled for both Embedded Linux Arm as well as Linux Ubuntu. It uses a specific set of fonts which I need to have installed for it to run, something I do with QFontDatabase::addApplicationFont. Everything works fine when I compile for Embedded Linux, but when I do it for Linux Ubuntu, I got -1 and the fonts are not loaded.

I tried to find on the web a solution for the problem but I found no help. Similar problems were solved by updating Qt 4.6 to 4.7 (nothing of use) or by installing fontconfig, which I already have. Also I couldn't find anything useful in Qt Assistant and checked the paths to the .ttf files.

Any help will be appreciated.

Here is the code I'm using:

QFontDatabase::removeAllApplicationFonts();

QDir fontDir(DEFAULT_FONTS_PATH);
QStringList fontFileList = fontDir.entryList(QStringList("*.ttf"), QDir::Files | QDir::NoDotDot | QDir::NoDot);

mDebugS(QString("Found %1 fonts on folder theme/fonts").arg(fontFileList.size()));

//
qint32 fontId;

foreach (const QString& filename, fontFileList)
{
fontId = QFontDatabase::addApplicationFont(DEFAULT_FONTS_PA TH "/" + filename);

if (Q_UNLIKELY(fontId == -1))
{
const QString strTemp = QString("Unable to install font %1").arg(filename);

mLog(strTemp);
mDebugS(strTemp);
}
else
applicationFontsIdList.append(fontId);
}

mDebugS(QString::number(applicationFontsIdList.siz e()) + " fonts are installed");

Note: the same question was put in StackOverflow (link (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/33286837/qfontdatabaseaddapplicationfont-works-in-embedded-linux-but-not-in-linux-ubun))

Momergil
26th October 2015, 10:25
Making the thread go up!

Momergil
18th November 2015, 13:57
Going up once again!