PDA

View Full Version : Requesting Guidance on my project.

rookee
28th October 2015, 20:08
Hello All, I'm new to Qt/C++/programming. I am assigned a task to build a GUI to display readings from an already built code. This existing code generates readings of certain parameters. My job is to create a UI to display all those readings that will be generated from that existing code and incorporate few features like (start, stop) buttons, provision to log data to a file etc. I earnestly request for guidance on where to start from and how to proceed. I'm using Qt4.x on raspberry pi. Thanks in advance.

ChrisW67
28th October 2015, 20:33
If you are new to C++ programming then you should complete at least some tutorials on this topic, without Qt libraries involved, before proceeding. If you intend compiling for the RPi on a desktop machine (cross-compiling) then try to avoid this until you can get simple prgrams going in the native desktop environment.

Then you could work through the Qt titorials to understand the basics of Qt. These should give you idea what is possible and how Qt GUIs function so you can make an informed choice of how to proceed.
http://doc.qt.io/qt-4.8/tutorials.html

rookee
28th October 2015, 21:16
Thanks for your quick reply ChrisW67. I really appreciate it.