PDA

View Full Version : QT Designer and QT Creator

rakeshthp
6th November 2015, 04:58
Hi,

I have QT 5.4 installed on my Windows 10 system (msvc2013_64_opengl version). I need to get vtk plugin in QT Creator. I have placed QVTKWidgetPlugin libraries in respective folders. What I see is that VTK plugin is being shown in qt designed but not in creator. Also, when I start designing a form using designer, when either open or save dialog pops up, designer crashes. I have attached the version details of creator and designer. VTK version I am using is VTK 6.3. Kindly let me know how to solve this problem.

Thanks
Regards

Rakesh Patil

Added after 31 minutes:

Sorry, forgot to attach the image.

ChrisW67
8th November 2015, 06:58
I have QT 5.4 installed on my Windows 10 system (msvc2013_64_opengl version). I need to get vtk plugin in QT Creator. I have placed QVTKWidgetPlugin libraries in respective folders. What I see is that VTK plugin is being shown in qt designed but not in creator.

These plugins execute as part of Designer/Creator and need to match the libraries and compilers used to build them. You placed a VTK Designer plugin built with 64-bit VC2013 and Qt 5.4 in the correct folder for Qt 5.4 Designer to locate it. This is not the same place as the Qt Creator binary distribution version, which is 32-bit and uses a bundled Qt 5.5.0 library, is looking. You would need to build a 32-bit version of the VTK plugin with VC2013 and Qt 5.5 and install that in the correct location for Qt Creator to find.

Also, when I start designing a form using designer, when either open or save dialog pops up, designer crashes.

Chances are that the plugin cannot find a dependency, like the VTK runtime libraries, when the plugin is loaded and called by Designer.