PDA

View Full Version : Adding Qwt plot Widgets to creator

Alex22
12th November 2015, 18:59
Hi
I installed Qwt. It is added to QtDesigner but I need to be added to QtCreator too when I open new project on "Application" project and "Qt Widgets Application" template. Please help me how can I add it to QtCreator?

Uwe
13th November 2015, 07:06
The plugin ( and Qwt lib ) needs to be compatible with the Qt version + compiler your creator has been build with. So you have to options:

Rebuild the creator
Build and install a second version of Qwt

Uwe

Alex22
13th November 2015, 08:45
Thanks Uwe for replying

Qwt version : qwt-6.1.2
QtCreator version : Qt 5.4.2 (MSVC 2013, 32 bit)

Uwe, do you think these versions are not compatible?
then witch versions are compatible?

thanks for your helping.

Uwe
13th November 2015, 09:25
This is not Qwt related - it is about a clash of different Qt versions !

When loading a plugin into a Qt application ( here the creator ), the plugin needs to be linked with the same Qt version as the plugin itself. If you want to build your application with a different Qt version, than the one the creator has been build with, you need to have 2 different installations of Qwt - for both Qt versions.

The reason, why your designer loads the Qwt plugin successfully is, that it is build with another Qt version than the creator - probably the one you inend to use for your application.

Uwe

Alex22
13th November 2015, 09:51
Really thanks for your fast answering Uwe.

How Could I know which version is suitable for Qwt (plugin) and which version is used by designer? and then how could i build by the suitable version in creator? thanks a lot for your helping and sorry about having many questions.

Uwe
13th November 2015, 10:40
You need to know how the application has been compiled/linked.

Uwe

Alex22
13th November 2015, 11:41
You need to know how the application has been compiled/linked.

Uwe
could you refer me some references?

Uwe
13th November 2015, 11:54
Come on, check "Help->About Qt Creator" in the Creator menu bar.

Uwe