PDA

View Full Version : Qt-4.1 and FC4 with make

probine
13th February 2006, 09:40
I am trying to install Qt-4.1 in Fedora Core 4.

The problem I have is that after typing "./configure" I receive this message:

Creating qmake. Please wait...
g++ -c -o project.o -pipe -DQMAKE_OPENSOURCE_EDITION -g -I. -Igenerators -Igenerators/unix -Igenerators/win32 -Igenerators/mac -I/home/santiago/programs/qt-x11-opensource-src-4.1.0/src/corelib/arch/generic -I/home/santiago/programs/qt-x11-opensource-src-4.1.0/include -I/home/santiago/programs/qt-x11-opensource-src-4.1.0/include/QtCore -I/home/santiago/programs/qt-x11-opensource-src-4.1.0/include -I/home/santiago/programs/qt-x11-opensource-src-4.1.0/include/QtCore -I/home/santiago/programs/qt-x11-opensource-src-4.1.0/src/corelib/global -DQT_NO_TEXTCODEC -DQT_NO_UNICODETABLES -DQT_NO_COMPONENT -DQT_NO_STL -DQT_BUILD_QMAKE -DQT_NO_COMPRESS -I/home/santiago/programs/qt-x11-opensource-src-4.1.0/mkspecs/linux-g++ -DHAVE_QCONFIG_CPP -DQT_NO_THREAD -DQT_NO_QOBJECT -DQT_NO_GEOM_VARIANT project.cpp
gmake: g++: Command not found
gmake: *** [project.o] Error 127

1. I do not want to use "gmake". I would like to compile with "make".
2. I have "gcc" installed in my computer. What is the deal with g++ ?

Cesar
13th February 2006, 10:20
You are using Linux => Linux uses GNU environment => gmake stands for GNU make => make is just an alias (read symlink) to gmake (or vice versa).

g++ is GNU C++ compiler. You should have installed both gcc-something.rpm and g++-something.rpm. I don't actually know the right packages name for FC

yop
13th February 2006, 17:39
1. You already do don't worry.
2. The deal is that you have to install it because you won't be able to compile any c++ programs.

PureGrain
24th December 2007, 21:10
You will need to install gcc-c++:

yum -y install gcc-c++

I had this same problem with a CentOS5 installation and fund a fix for it. I thought I would post my fix for the issue even though this thread is quite old.