PDA

View Full Version : Mac OS X - Accessing Windows Samba Shares

marcel
6th April 2007, 20:35
Are there any other methods except the CRT I/O functions ( open, close, etc ) to access files on smb shares?

For example, the Carbon File Manager API functions ( like FSCreateDirectoryUnicode ) will not work on these shares because the volumes are not HFS.

I was thinking that maybe that are some specific functions that work directly with the protocol.

Any suggestion is welcome.
Thanks,

Marcel.

patrik08
11th April 2007, 01:28
Are there any other methods except the CRT I/O functions ( open, close, etc ) to access files on smb shares?

For example, the Carbon File Manager API functions ( like FSCreateDirectoryUnicode ) will not work on these shares because the volumes are not HFS.

I was thinking that maybe that are some specific functions that work directly with the protocol.

Any suggestion is welcome.
Thanks,

Marcel.

Move your server to WebDav ... http://www.webdav.org/ sincerely is faster ... and run on your Finder... [APPLE+K] intranet or internet.... is same as Samba ... and run on PORT :80 Firewall .!

A Network amministrator can bring to run the same dir on samba && Webdav.... Samba to win && WebDav to MAC && Linux....