PDA

View Full Version : Can QT Do this?

Seth
8th April 2007, 05:01
Can I graphically accomplish the below with QT?

I want to design a power flow analysis package. The purpose of a power flow analysis program is to compute precise steady-state voltages of all buses in the network, and from them the real and reactive power flows into every line and transformer, under the assumption of known generation and load.

Will consist on drawing electrical transmision lines, defined loads on the end of the transmission lines, and an electrical generator to power the lines and loads. Then I want to be able to calculate the power flow at particuilar nodes/buses.

Can I graphically accomplish the above with QT?

Thanks in advance!

wysota
8th April 2007, 07:39
Yes. Use QGraphicsView for visualisation.

Seth
8th April 2007, 15:28
Thanks Wysota :)

QGraphicsView is in version 4.2. I loaded version QT 4.1.1 from the book "C++ GUI Programming with Qt 4" last night. Do I just ftp the newest open source edition from the Trolltech website, is there anythng special I have to do since I already have a older version on my computer?

I am new to Qt and programming so I thought to go through the book first before looking into QGraphicsView simply because I am sure it nots moentioned in the book. Whats your thoughts about that approach?

The below link is similar to what I want to do with QT, but I want to do a smaller scaled version. The picture isnt very good.

http://www.powerworld.com/images/simb7runmode.jpg

Thanks in advance

jacek
8th April 2007, 15:53
Do I just ftp the newest open source edition from the Trolltech website,
Yes.

is there anythng special I have to do since I already have a older version on my computer?
No, each version installs in its own directory and you will have two entries in the Start menu, so there won't be any problem.