PDA

View Full Version : qt connect mysql another system

hamedaz
23rd December 2015, 06:05
Hi. I can read from my database when the file is attached in mysql server, but when I detach the file, not surprisingly, I can't work with the database. What I want to do is to deploy my application to the end user who doesn't have mysql server installed. I know there is a kind of run-about but I am not sure exactly what it is. Every single piece of help is appreciated.

anda_skoa
23rd December 2015, 09:10
MySQL can be configured to accept network connections from whatever network interface you need, so make sure it listens on the network interface that is reachable from the network the users are on and that the client programs use that hostname or IP address.

Cheers,
_

hamedaz
23rd December 2015, 10:30
I make my application with MySQL database
I'm running this program on the client computer

anda_skoa
23rd December 2015, 11:35
The client doesn't need to have the MySQL server installed, your server needs to have it running and configured for external client connections.

A MySQL client doesn't care whether the MySQL server is running on the same machine or another one as long as the server machine is reachable.

Cheers,
_

hamedaz
23rd December 2015, 13:57
Good for
What is there I
what should I do?
I want my database for local
I use with my project

d_stranz
23rd December 2015, 15:40
Look on the MySQL web site. You probably need the MySQL Connector for C++; this is a client-side library for connection to remote database hosts.

anda_skoa
24th December 2015, 12:18
Good for
What is there I
what should I do?
I want my database for local
I use with my project

If you want to have the database locally, you run the MySQL service locally.

Cheers,
_

hamedaz
25th December 2015, 17:41
Will elaborate more on how
I use