PDA

View Full Version : Static content resolution to window

QT_NUB
25th December 2015, 02:31
Hello!

What I'm trying to ask is that how to set window's content resolution to static where resize of the window doesn't affect to resolution of the content? When size of the window is changed the content's resolution stays there where it was at the beginning of start. In other words the content is going more blurry when resizing the window to bigger.

anda_skoa
25th December 2015, 12:46
That depends on your content.
If your content is an image, then scaling it up will result in less precision.
If your content is vector based, it will likely just be drawn again at the newly available gemeotry.

Cheers,
_

QT_NUB
25th December 2015, 13:03
Here's little more explanation about this issue:

I want widget's content being stayed on default resolution despite of the window resizing. So is it possible to let the widget be in one resolution all the time but the window still can resize?

EDIT.
And yeah, I'm trying to develope with PyQt5

EDIT.
The widget is resizing as well when window is resized to bigger, but the widget and its content goes more blurry

anda_skoa
25th December 2015, 13:49
I am afraid it is not at all clear what you want to achieve.

Usually a window content should be as clear as possible, but you want it to become unreadable?

Cheers,
_

QT_NUB
25th December 2015, 15:04
"Usually a window content should be as clear as possible, but you want it to become unreadable?" - Yes, when user has changed window's size from default size to bigger size.

Let's imagine that a widget is an image which has resolution of 1280x720. We can stretch or scale the image to bigger but it looks more blurry (because the image won't go higher resolution). So in this case I want the widget to be stretched bigger (whenever user wants to resize the window e.g. to full screen from lower resolution) and its content should go more blurry.

This is best explanation that I can do, sry ;(