PDA

View Full Version : Windows System Requirements as Target for binary Qt Application

HappyCoder
29th December 2015, 11:47
Hello,

i found a lot of information abotu the system requirements for the development system of Qt
but less for a windows target system for by application. Where do i find the minimum windows
system that is neccessary for an application that is build with Qt 5.5.x.

I only found
Window 7, 8, 8.1 and from Blog Windows 10.

Is there an official list of supported windows versions for applications that are build with Qt 5.5.x?

Thx

d_stranz
29th December 2015, 18:19
Is there an official list of supported windows versions for applications that are build with Qt 5.5.x?

Here. (http://doc.qt.io/QtSupportedPlatforms/index.html) I build 32- and 64-bit Qt apps for Windoze 10 64-bit using MSVC 2013, and Qt 5.5 works just fine. You can also use MSVC 2015 even though it is not supported. Qt complains when compiling, and you need to build in VS 2013 compatibility mode, but it works. I am guessing that with the release of Qt 5.6, MSVC 2015 will be officially supported along Win 10.

HappyCoder
30th December 2015, 08:28
I know that list, but understand it a different way. Isn't it a list on which platforms i can install Qt itself
and which compiler i can use to build applications? It doesn't tell me, on which platforms i can install my
builded application, or am i wrong? I can't see Windows 8.1 or Windows 10?

From that side:
"Qt is supported on a variety of 32-bit and 64-bit platforms, and can be built on each platform with GCC,
a vendor-supplied compiler, or a third party compiler as indicated in the table below."

For me it tells me on which platforms i can built Qt from it's source with GCC.

*confused*