PDA

View Full Version : Installing Qt to develop mobile applications

qtnewbee
6th January 2016, 17:16
Hello everyone,

I have installed Qt and used it for sample desktop applications.[Im using win Xp] When i check the tools>options , i dont see anything related to mobile or android. Here is the screen shot.11622

Then i tried to install some different versions of qt but im not sure of what I did. Here is another screenshot for the Qt's I installed.11623

Downloading & Installing the one at the bottom took hours. But when i finally try to run qt creator of this new install, I got "program is not responding error from windows" without seeing any qt window. Here is the screenshot for it.

Now , my question is : Can i get my old and well running Qt version enabled for mobile developing by installing some update?Or should I UNinstall everything related to Qt and install some new version (and which one)?

Thanks for your help.

anda_skoa
6th January 2016, 17:59
Couple of things:

1) QtCreator, the IDE, can deal with any number of Qt versions and any number of deployment targets. In QtCreator terms these are so-called "kits", a combination of a compiler tool chain, with a Qt version and a deployment target.
A project can be configured to be buildable with any combination (within limits as to source compatibility).

2) Qt, the application framework or library set, can be built with many compilers, for host- and cross-compiling
There are a couple of pre-built versions available for download, e.g. for Windows/Linux/OSX desktop applications, for Andriod applications, etc.

3) Most of the pre-built downloads contain both Qt and QtCreator, but it is always possible to use one QtCreator with any other installed Qt (by configuring the respective "kit").

Cheers,
_

qtnewbee
6th January 2016, 19:05
Couple of things:

1) QtCreator, the IDE, can deal with any number of Qt versions and any number of deployment targets. In QtCreator terms these are so-called "kits", a combination of a compiler tool chain, with a Qt version and a deployment target.
A project can be configured to be buildable with any combination (within limits as to source compatibility).

2) Qt, the application framework or library set, can be built with many compilers, for host- and cross-compiling
There are a couple of pre-built versions available for download, e.g. for Windows/Linux/OSX desktop applications, for Andriod applications, etc.

3) Most of the pre-built downloads contain both Qt and QtCreator, but it is always possible to use one QtCreator with any other installed Qt (by configuring the respective "kit").

Cheers,
_

Can you give me some link for number #3 ? (with which I can develop mobile apps)

anda_skoa
6th January 2016, 19:12
Well, for Android and a Windows host that would be http://download.qt.io/official_releases/qt/5.5/5.5.1/qt-opensource-windows-x86-android-5.5.1.exe

Cheers,
_

qtnewbee
6th January 2016, 19:17
Well, for Android and a Windows host that would be http://download.qt.io/official_releases/qt/5.5/5.5.1/qt-opensource-windows-x86-android-5.5.1.exe

Cheers,
_

Thanks, while its downloading, is there any restriction for win Xp?

anda_skoa
6th January 2016, 19:53
No idea, sorry.

Cheers,
_

qtnewbee
6th January 2016, 20:26
Thanks anyway.