PDA

View Full Version : building Qt creator with another Qt version

Alex22
8th January 2016, 06:17
Hi,
My QtCreator has been build with this Qt version:Qt 5.4.2 (MSVC 2013, 32 bit). I need to rebuild it with another version like "mingw492_32". I have two question:
1- How can i rebuild QtCreator with "mingw492_32"? (it's qmake.exe is added to Qt Version but from where i can find QtCreator.pro for rebuilding)
2- Also I am interesting to know from where can i find the qmake.exe related with "MSVC 2013, 32 bit"?

thanks for any helping

anda_skoa
8th January 2016, 12:41
Any specific reason you want to rebuild QtCreator?
For some plugin you are developing?

Cheers,
_

Alex22
8th January 2016, 13:00
Any specific reason you want to rebuild QtCreator?
For some plugin you are developing?

Cheers,
_

I want to load a plugin of a library into the creator. I build and install this library with "mingw492_32" but the creator has been build with "MSVC 2013, 32 bit". So the plugin can not be linked to the the Qt version. I have 2 questions for solving this problem:
1- How can i rebuild QtCreator with "mingw492_32"?
2- From where can i find the qmake.exe related with "MSVC 2013, 32 bit" for rebuilding that library with this one?

d_stranz
9th January 2016, 15:27
Why not just install the prebuilt mingw version of Qt? Its Qt Creater is almost certainly built with mingw, so just use that one instead.

Alex22
9th January 2016, 15:33
Why not just install the prebuilt mingw version of Qt? Its Qt Creater is almost certainly built with mingw, so just use that one instead.

I installed mingw version of Qt. it is strange that creator is built with "MSVC 2013, 32 bit".

d_stranz
9th January 2016, 21:29
Yes, it is strange. It means you can't extend Qt Creator with a plugin you make with the version of Qt in the same install. That doesn't make much sense to me.

ChrisW67
9th January 2016, 23:03
The Qt Creator binary distribution must be independent of the various Qt library bundles that you might (or might not) choose to install at the same time. It achieves this independence by bundling a Qt runtime of its own. A 32-bit library is used to support both 32- and 64-bit operating systems. MSVC is the most common compiler in the Windows environment, and the bundlers chose to use the 2013 version for building Qt Creator and the libraries bundled with the binary. To build Qt Creator plugins to match this binary distribution you need to match that version of Qt libraries. Alternatively, rebuild Qt Creator from source.

The qmake built with MSVC 2013 32-bit will be found in a set of Qt libraries built with that compiler. A prebuilt library can be downloaded through the Qt Online Installer or from http://www.qt.io/download-open-source/. Fot Qt 5.4.2 you need the visit the archives section. You will, of course, need to source the MSVC 2013 compiler tools yourself.

Qt Creator source is available from the same place as the binary bundles if you wish to go down that route.