PDA

View Full Version : Virtual Keyboard on Qtopia 4.2.1

shapirlex
9th April 2007, 08:09
Hello Experts,

I'm using qtopia 4.2.1 (phone edition) for my Nokia-770 (without keyboard). I'd like to get a text from user with the dialog box. What class should I use (or where can I get an information) to handle the on screen graphical virtual keyboard widget? I need the same implementation that I have in "qtmail" application (on qtopia-4.2.1) - when the user chooses to write a new email, the virtual keyboard window is automatically pop up.

I saw in some Trolltech documentations that the virtual keyboard is available to qtopia core only! Please let me know if that is the case.:confused:
If it isn't the case, please let me know how can I configure and integrate the virtual keyboard for qtopia 4.2.1

Thank you in advance,
Alex

lpotter
10th April 2007, 20:44
Virtual keyboards come included with Qtopia Phone (and open source edition), but not with Qtopia Core.

Make sure you are using Touchscreen in your defaultbuttons.conf

shapirlex
11th April 2007, 16:51
Thank you so much lpotter that was the main problem.

I have a virtual keyboard now!:D

But I have something strange happening here. When I running my application (without -qws), I don't have the virtual keyboard shown when input from user should grfabed.
Another thing is the resolution of my application is different between two modes (running with -qws high resolution, and without low resolution).
I'm not killing the qpe before, and the virtual keyboard is active - this isn't the mode I'd like to work thought.

How it's possible to prevent virtual keyboard to disappear?
Thank you in advance,