PDA

View Full Version : installing Qt in redhat linux

prerna
19th January 2016, 05:38
Hi,

I want to use Qt in redhat. I have .RPM files for Qt through which i installed it, but i cannot see Qt icon on desktop or anywhere else how can i start using Qt? please guide step by step as i am totally new to redhat and Qt. Thank you

anda_skoa
19th January 2016, 05:44
Packaged Qt is usually just a library package, libraries don't have icons.

Perhaps install the Qt Creator package as well.

Cheers,
_

prerna
19th January 2016, 05:47
ok but unlike in windows/ubuntu installing Qt in RedHat is different which i am not able to do :(

anda_skoa
19th January 2016, 15:54
Then this is probably better ask on a Redhat forum.

Cheers,
_

prerna
20th January 2016, 06:21
Hi,
i have installed Qt successfully i think the .run file was not downloaded properly. I had to download again. Anyway now the prob is when i open Qt the Qt design is greyed out and i am not able to see the c++ code attached with it. I read about it i suppose i need GCC for redhat . I have .tar file of GCC can anybody tell me how to install that

Lesiok
20th January 2016, 06:37
Uncle Google does not bite. Read this article (http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/centos-rhel-7-redhat-linux-install-gcc-compiler-development-tools/).

prerna
20th January 2016, 06:43
Thank you but i cannot use yum install as i have not registered with RHN

Lesiok
20th January 2016, 08:25
This is not a problem. Look this article (http://saifulaziz.com/2014/02/26/howto-install-redhat-package-with-yum-command-without-rhn/). How do you want to program without having a basic knowledge of the tool (operating system) ?

prerna
20th January 2016, 08:34
i am new to Redhat which i have already admitted. And i have used Qt for programming before but that was in Ubuntu and now i have a requirement where they have mentioned the operating system as Redhat linux. So im struggling to find out how this Qt has to be installed in redhat thats all.

I have never worked on linux system before because it was not required!

Lesiok
20th January 2016, 09:02
My advice: use to work CentOS. This is compilation of Red Hat Enterprise Server without RHN limitation.

prerna
20th January 2016, 09:47
i got it working through gcc .tar file. thank you.