PDA

View Full Version : Qt - Installing and running a SECOND time

TahorSuiJurisBenYAH
30th January 2016, 23:55
Hello,
I downloaded qt-unified-linux-x64-2.0.2-2-online.run AND then installed it AND then it ran - everything OK.
BUT, it does not show in the Linux Mint "Menu" anywhere, so I tried to install the Qt Creator by the software manager BUT
the Qt Creator installed by the software manager is NOT the same, as all the examples are not showing.

Anyone have this experience? How can I just install and begin to use.

Any and all suggestions greatly appreciated.

anda_skoa
31st January 2016, 09:59
Where did you get that installer from, its version number looks very strange (current Qt is at 5.5).

In any case I would simply install everything through the package manager: QtCreator, Qt's development packages, Qt's example packages.

Cheers,
_

ChrisW67
31st January 2016, 20:55
That version number will be for the online installer itself (although the downloads I see do not have a version number embedded in the file name). When run you can use it to install several different versions of Qt and Qt Creator along with common material.

I am sure that Linux Mint's menu has a way to add an entry. Surely cannot be more than a Google away to fix the original issue. Failing that, the distro's Qt Creator can be configured to use the original bundle's copy of Qt. Finding the examples and help, even with the original bundle, is dependent on having them installed. Once installed they are no more difficult to find than navigating the file system.