PDA

View Full Version : QVTKWidget + Dock/undock + MAC OS.

rakeshthp
7th February 2016, 15:53
Hello,

I am facing a very strange issue only on MAC OS, with Dock/Undocking when one of the docked widget is QVTKWidget. I have a centralWidget which contains four tabs. Each tab is an inherited from QWidget. Among these, one widget is QVTKWidget. The issue what I am facing is when I click on the bar and try to undock, the mouse events are lost. I release the mouse button and move the mouse, QVTKWidget keeps moving along with the mouse. I need to click once again on the tab and then it gets undocked fully. Some times while undocking or docking, I observed flickering effect on the renderwindow.

It gives feeling like QDockWidget is passing some information/signal to its widgets, which QVTKWidget is not able to process, and other QWidgets are able to process. Has anyone come across this type of scenario?

Thanks in advance

d_stranz
7th February 2016, 18:17
I would not be surprised. VTK implements its own interfaces to the native windowing system, and the QVTKWidget is just a wrapper around that exposing it to Qt. Under the hood, VTK uses OpenGL for rendering. So there is a lot going on, and it is possible that events might get misrouted under some circumstances.

As an experiment, you might try substituting a QOpenGLWidget in its place and see if similar things happen. It might be OpenGL and not VTK that's at fault.

rakeshthp
8th February 2016, 00:51
Hi d_stranz,

Thanks for your quick reply. At the beginning stage, I was using QOpenGLWidget. With that I am not facing this issue. And as I said this issue is only shown in MAC. I tried the same code on windows and it works absolutely fine.

Thanks

d_stranz
8th February 2016, 17:53
I think Kitware has a forum, so you might do better to post the question there.