PDA

View Full Version : Creating a .pro file for the project

franky
15th February 2016, 22:09
Hi all,

I installed Qt creator IDE v. 5.5.1 (Qt Creator (Community)) and also installed Qt Creator 3.6.0 on my Windows 64-bit machine. But I use only the Qt Creator 3.6.0 one for creating apps because it’s said to have more features compared to the Qt Creator IDE v. 5.5.1 (Qt Creator (Community)) one.

I've created a Form (using File > New File or Project > Qt > Qt Designer Form > Choose > Widgets ) by Qt Creator 3.6.0.
Then I created the .h, .cpp and main.cpp files using again Qt Creator 3.6.0. Now all the four files (.ui, .h, .cpp and main.cpp) have their codes and are in a folder.
Now is the time to make a .pro file for them to be able to run the project. How to do it please?

Radek
16th February 2016, 06:21
Simple, just write it :) More details:

(1) Create an empty Qt project (in Qt5.5). After finishing creating the project, you get a project that will contain a single empty file (the .pro file).
(2) Write a "header" of the .pro file. I mean directives like TEMPLATE, QT, TARGET, INCLUDEPATH, DEPENDPATH, QMAKE_CXXFLAGS and so on.
(3) Add your files (.ui, .h, etc.) to hte project. This will finish the .pro file for you.
(4) Save.
(5) Compile, run, debug.