PDA

View Full Version : Qt 5.6.0 VS 2015 build

ifarkas
17th February 2016, 19:24
I have trouble to build Qt 5.6.0 with VS 2015 on x64 Windows 10.
I followed the instructions, but nmake is getting linking problems.
It's looking for \qtbase\lib\Qt5Core.lib but only Qt5Cored.lib is available.
Qt5Cored.lib -> Qt5Core.lib
Qt5Bootstrapd.lib -> Qt5Bootstrap.lib
Finally it halts looking for \bin\idc.exe

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thx, Ivan

d_stranz
19th February 2016, 01:45
Qt5CoreD.lib is the debug version of the library. You cannot use it as a replacement for the non-debug (release) version. If that's what your attempt to build is creating for you, then you have not configured the build to make a release version of Qt. In general, you will need both debug and release builds so you can debug your programs and provide a release version for your distribution.

IDC is used when building ActiveQt (i.e. ActiveX / COM) applications. It is installed as part of my MSVC 2013 Qt distribution, so if you install that you will get it. A .pro file to build it appears to be provided in the src/qtactiveqt/src/tools/idc directory.

spacedrace
21st February 2016, 05:23
Don't know if you worked this out yet or not but

I just compiled 5.5.1 on VS 2015 on x64 Windows 10. today I was following this guide http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/windows-building.html -- maybe this will help you or someone.

my qt5vars.cmd file looked like this:

REM Set up \Microsoft Visual Studio 2013, where <arch> is \c amd64, \c x86, etc.
CALL "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\vcvarsall.bat" x64
SET _ROOT=C:\qt\qt-5.5.1
echo --ROOT
echo %_ROOT%
SET PATH=%_ROOT%\qtbase\bin;%_ROOT%\gnuwin32\bin;C:\Py thon27;C:\Perl64;C:\Ruby22-x64;%PATH%
REM Uncomment the below line when using a git checkout of the source repository
REM SET PATH=%_ROOT%\qtrepotools\bin;%PATH%
SET QMAKESPEC=win32-msvc2015
echo --QMAKESPEC
echo %QMAKESPEC%
SET _ROOT=

then typed<
configure -debug -nomake examples -opensource

Also I used Jom (http://wiki.qt.io/Jom) instead of nmake definitely sped up the process just drop the jom files in your root folder to use it.