PDA

View Full Version : Source code in qt-win-eval

Max Yaffe
11th April 2007, 22:28
Dear Group,
I'm starting to test the evaluation version of qt on windows using Visual Studio. I received qt-win-val-4.2.3-vs2005 from Trolltech and it installed fine. I took an existing project ".pro" file and derived a .vsproj file using QMake. So far so good.

The app compiled and ran. However as I was tracing the code, VS couldn't find the source for qtablewidget. Looking at the source directory, "C:\Qt\4.2.3\src", no wonder the debugger couldn't find it -- it wasn't there! It is available in the earlier open source version I have: "C:\Qt\4.2.1\src\gui\itemviews"

Has the source been removed from the evaluation version or did I just miss a small instruction somewhere?

Thanks for your help.
Max

wysota
12th April 2007, 09:21
The evaluation release doesn't include the sources. Instead you can download and use the GPL version that has the same functionality but doesn't include Visual Studio integration.

Max Yaffe
12th April 2007, 14:07
Yes, I saw the 4.2.3 GPL version. Can that be loaded over the top of the evaluation version or will that blow away the previous install? If so, can I install the GPL version to a different directory and just copy over src and include directories?

Thanks,
Max

wysota
12th April 2007, 14:17
You can do whatever you want, but it doesn't mean you'll be able to debug your app. Debugger needs debug version of the library and AFAIK eval version doesn't have one (I'm not sure though).