PDA

View Full Version : Issues on Qt test framework

Noren
19th February 2016, 16:18
Hello everyone !

I'm a in a professionnal licence (France) and i have issue on my tutored project.
I have a big problem on the Qt test framework and online tutorials I find didn't help me at all ... All take for exemple the ToUpper() method test, but the issue is because i didn't find how to use this freaking tests on my own classes ! T-T
I've some questions on QT Test:
-> do I made a .cpp and a .h for my test class ? Or putting all on the .cpp ?
-> I my class need to be in antoher project ? Or in the same project ? If i need to make another project, how to link both ?
-> do i need to importe .cpp of the class i need to test or the .h ? Or both maybe ?

This i the code of my test class:

#include <QString>
#include <QtTest>
#include "carre.h"
#include "cercle.h"
#include "point.h"
#include "rectangle.h"
#include "segment.h"
#include "figure.h"
#include "position.h"

class TestsProjetTest : public QObject
{
Q_OBJECT

public:
TestsProjetTest();
Carre* c;
Position* p;

private Q_SLOTS:
void testDeplacement();
};

TestsProjetTest::TestsProjetTest()
{
c = new Carre();
p = new Position(10, 10);
}

void TestsProjetTest::testDeplacement()
{
QVERIFY2(true, "Failure");
}

QTEST_APPLESS_MAIN(TestsProjetTest)

#include "tst_testsprojettest.moc"

It's really a simple code which actually don't test anything, but i've some issues i didn't understand what can I do... There are the issues:

error: undefined reference to `Carre::Carre()'
error: undefined reference to `Position::Position(int, int)'
:-1: error: collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

It's really strange because methods work pretty well in my project and don't have any problems... I put NameOfMyClass:: for each method on my project, and it work ! So i don't understand why i have problems like that ...

I have there problems for one week and i didn't find a solution ... I really need help :(

And please, dont redirect me on the ToUpper() tuto you find on Qt doc because i didn't help me at all ! :(
Same thing for the tuto on developpez.net :(

I hope you will find the problem and explain to me how to use Qt test framework ! I really need to improve my skill on it, because Qt will be my professionnal IDE, so i need to learn many things !

Thanks by advance !

Axel.

anda_skoa
19th February 2016, 17:59
-> do I made a .cpp and a .h for my test class ? Or putting all on the .cpp ?

Both work, for simple tests just a .cpp is usually less work.
In case of just having a .cpp you need to include the "moc" file at the end of the file (see your current example).

-> I my class need to be in antoher project ? Or in the same project ? If i need to make another project, how to link both ?

You can either build the unit (the class you test) as part of the test (add its .cpp to SOURCES and its .h to HEADERS) or you put them in a library that both your application and your tests uses in their respective .pro file's LIBS variable.

-> do i need to importe .cpp of the class i need to test or the .h ? Or both maybe ?

including the .cpp is also possible, but very uncommon.

It's really a simple code which actually don't test anything, but i've some issues i didn't understand what can I do... There are the issues:

error: undefined reference to `Carre::Carre()'
error: undefined reference to `Position::Position(int, int)'
:-1: error: collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

Linker error, saying that it can't find the code backing these functions.
See your second question.

It's really strange because methods work pretty well in my project and don't have any problems... I put NameOfMyClass:: for each method on my project, and it work ! So i don't understand why i have problems like that ...

Your main project most likely builds the class as part of its SOURCES or you have it in a library that the main project's LIBS points to.

Cheers,
_