PDA

View Full Version : Qt program does not run on my tablet (Win 8.1 32bit)

Vaaal88
4th March 2016, 18:27
Hello all,
I developed a small application with Qt Creator on a Windows 7 64bit machine with MinGW 32bit. The application works fine both within the IDE that as a separate software (with the DLL in the same folder). I am trying to make this application work on my Tablet (Samsung ATIV XE300TZC, Windows 8.1 [added: 32bit]), without success. One I double click the binary file, the loading icon appears and nothing else. If I open it from command line, it just seems to get stucked.

I tried to run Windows 8.1 on a virtual machine on my main pc and the software worked there (!), so I guess it's not a problem with th SO. I thought I could be that my tablet's graphic card is not good enough for qt, but it turned out it is Intel GMA, which indeed supports openGL 2.1. So I am completely clueless now. Any idea? Thank you.

anda_skoa
4th March 2016, 18:43
Maybe a stupid question, but is that an x86 tablet?

Cheers,
_

Vaaal88
4th March 2016, 18:52
as specified in the title (but not in the main post, sorry for that), YES it is. However, I thought that by compiling with MinGW32 bit it should also work on 32bit machine. If not, why not? And how can I target a 32 bit machine from a 64bit?

[Edit: some more info. I can confirm my application is built for a 32 bit machine, as in task manager it apperas with a *32. I tried to run a basic qt application on the tablet (from the example folder) and it does not work either, in the same way: it loads, but nothing happens. So I suppose it may be an incompatibility between the Table and qt? Maybe tha Tablet does not satisfy some basic requirement? Maybe I should update some drivers? Still looking for any idea]

anda_skoa
4th March 2016, 20:08
as specified in the title (but not in the main post, sorry for that)

The title does not say this at all, but fortunately a Google search confirms that it is.

I tried to run a basic qt application on the tablet (from the example folder) and it does not work either, in the same way: it loads, but nothing happens. So I suppose it may be an incompatibility between the Table and qt? Maybe tha Tablet does not satisfy some basic requirement? Maybe I should update some drivers? Still looking for any idea]
Have you tried a non-GUI application?
Have you doing something non-UI that is observable, e.g. creating a file, to see if main() gets executed?

Cheers,
_

Vaaal88
6th March 2016, 11:41
I solved it.

I tried to run a console application (not connected with Qt at all, just a normale console that prints some stuff) and it didn't work either. This made me think that something prevented my tablet to run ANY executable. I disabled Avast antivirus and everything ran normally. Avast didn't give me any message. Very strange.