PDA

View Full Version : QtWebEngine display black block when I called QWidget::winId() for displaying video

swarupa
11th March 2016, 07:01
Hi Everyone,

Iam new to Qt. Iam displaying a video as well as a webpage by using qtwebengine on the same mainwindow. But QtWebEngine display black block when I called QWidget::winId().

Iam using winId() for displaying my video on a widget. But it is affecting my webpage. i dont know why its happening. Iam getting the correct winid for displaying the video on a widget and iam able to display video. but webpage

is blocked by black screen.

anda_skoa
11th March 2016, 12:00
Can you be more specific?
Which widget are you getting te windId() for?
Where is this widget relative to the web view? Parent, sibling?

Cheers,
_

swarupa
12th March 2016, 06:54
Hi,
In the following example you can observe the black block if you run the code. In the same way iam also getting problem when i display video by using its corresponding winId(). its is affecting webengine by displaying black block on it..

When i searched in the net i found QtQTBUG-48130

Calling winId() on a widget breaks QOpenGLWidget/QQuickWidget/QWebEngineView in the same TLW.

QtWebEngine display black block when I called QWidget::winId().

for more information on the bug please visit following link. They said they fixed the bug in 5.6.0 RC

https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-48130

But how to install 5.6.0 RC now.. i dont see it in online installer.. if you provide me information about how to install 5.6.0 RC that will be helpful to me..

#include "mainwindow.h"
#include "ui_mainwindow.h"
#include <QPushButton>
#include <QWebEngineView>
#include <QWidget>
#include <QtCore/QDebug>
//#include <qDebug>
MainWindow::MainWindow(QWidget *parent) :
QMainWindow(parent),
ui(new Ui::MainWindow)
{
ui->setupUi(this);
#if 1
QPushButton *btn = new QPushButton;
ui->gridLayout->addWidget(btn);
qDebug()<<btn->winId();
#endif
QWebEngineView *web = new QWebEngineView;
ui->gtridLayout->addWidget(web);
web->load(QUrl("http://www.google.com"));
}

MainWindow::~MainWindow()
{
delete ui;
}

Thanks,,

anda_skoa
12th March 2016, 11:38
But how to install 5.6.0 RC now.. i dont see it in online installer.. if you provide me information about how to install 5.6.0 RC that will be helpful to me..

http://download.qt.io/development_releases/qt/5.6/5.6.0-rc/

Cheers,
_

swarupa
12th March 2016, 15:04
Hi,
I have already downloaded qt-opensource-linux-x64-5.6.0-rc.run file. But it is a 64 bit file. i need 32 bit file because iam using 32 bit ubuntu with 14.04 version. But i dont find 32 bit file in that link. so please if you know how to download 32 bit file let me know.

Thanks,

anda_skoa
12th March 2016, 16:07
Then you will either have to build it yourself or wait for the 5.6 release next week.

Cheers,
_

swarupa
23rd March 2016, 16:12
Hi all ,

when will qt release 5.6 version for 32-bit ubuntu OS? Already final release on march 16th is over. Does any one have idea on this release. please let me know if any one knows it.

Thanks