PDA

View Full Version : Sending command to terminal

dcasey627
2nd April 2016, 01:08
I am currently using Fedora 23 and QT 5.6. I am building a command for Hping3 and trying to send that command to the terminal and receive the results. I can get the terminal to open but I can not get it to receive any commands. I am very new to QT so my knowledge is minimal. I learned programming with Visual Basic so I understand logic but this syntax is killing me.

//Sending the command to terminal
QProcess proc;
proc.start("/usr/bin/gnome-terminal");

proc.waitForStarted();
proc.write("su");
proc.write("ite");
//proc.write(command);
proc.waitForFinished();

QByteArray output = proc.readAll();
proc.close();
ui->dgvResults->setText(output);

I am trying to display in a QTextBrowser and Commented out that one write command because I am getting an error

/home/itestudent/SeniorProject/frmmain.cpp:112: error: no matching function for call to 'QProcess::write(QString&)'
proc.write(command);
^

Command is declared at the top of the button push event
QString command = "hping3 -S ";

anda_skoa
2nd April 2016, 11:39
Why do you need the terminal?
Why not just execute the command?

Cheers,
_

dcasey627
3rd April 2016, 22:17
I get an error when I try to execute with out starting a process so I was using terminal in hopes of seeing the commands working somewhere. The error is QIODevice::read (QProcess): device not open. So what I think I really want to do is start bash and I tried running it in execute and it seems like it is running, at least it waits a few seconds like it is processing before it continues, but I can not fill the display with the results of the command or be certain this is working. If I alter the display command ui->dgvResults->setText(output); to "test" it displays.

QProcess proc;
proc.start("/bin/bash");

proc.waitForStarted();
proc.execute(command);
proc.waitForFinished();

proc.close();

Added after 27 minutes:

I just want to let everyone know that i solved this with this line of code

QProcess proc;
proc.start("/bin/bash", QStringList() << "-c" << command);

proc.waitForFinished();

proc.close();

anda_skoa
4th April 2016, 08:27
You could also just run the command itself, no need to go through a terminal or bash.

Cheers,
_