PDA

View Full Version : Error loading: qthelp://

seamusTX
8th April 2016, 00:36
I have built several .qch Help systems. One of them gives this error on several links in the table of contents (TOC) that is displayed in QtCreator:

Error loading: qthelp://com.nov.novos.appssdk.2.0/doc/Content/Getting_Started.htm

The domain is of my own devising (my company's domain name plus product and version).

I know that the content is in the .qch file. I can get to it from the index or links from other pages.

The .qhp file looks like this. One of the links that produces the error is ./Content/Getting_Started.htm.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<QtHelpProject version="1.0">
<namespace>com.nov.novos.appssdk.2.0</namespace>
<virtualFolder>doc</virtualFolder>
<customFilter name="NOVOS Apps SDK 2.0">
<filterAttribute>NOVOS</filterAttribute>
<filterAttribute>App</filterAttribute>
<filterAttribute>SDK</filterAttribute>
<filterAttribute>Framework</filterAttribute>
</customFilter>
<filterSection>
<filterAttribute>NOVOS</filterAttribute>
<filterAttribute>App</filterAttribute>
<filterAttribute>SDK</filterAttribute>
<filterAttribute>Framework</filterAttribute>
<toc>
<section title="NOVOS Apps SDK 2.0" ref="./Content/TOC.htm">
<section title="Getting Started" ref="./Content/Getting_Started.htm">
<section title="Obtaining Software and Documentation" ref="./Content/Getting_Started.htm#Download"></section>
</section>

I am using Qt 5.5.0, Community version, with QtCreator 3.4.2, on Windows 7 and Debian Linux 6.0, x86 64-bit.

This problem appears consistently on every computer where it is tried.

It appears to be related to a known bug in QtCreator, which was reported in 2014:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/1356515

- Jim Casey, Sr. Technical Writer at National Oilwell Varco, Houston, Texas, U.S.A.

ChrisW67
8th April 2016, 13:24
If you use Assistant directly, i.e. Not through Qt Creator, does the problem persist?

seamusTX
8th April 2016, 16:18
The result is the same with Qt Assistant. See the attached file.

If I select "Getting Started" or "Obtaining Software..." I get the same error.

If I select "Prerequisites" or "Terminology," it works as expected.

- Jim

ChrisW67
8th April 2016, 22:46
Ok, so the problem is not in Qt Creator, but rather a "feature" in the Qt Help framework or something about how your QCH file has been constructed. Could you check that the case of the file names in theproject file matches exactly the case of those file names on the file system. Windows is not case sensitive, it is case preserving (mostly), but the help compiler may be case sensitive in part. Can you build the help file on the Linux box?