PDA

View Full Version : The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)

neda
12th April 2016, 08:33
Hi,
I write a program in qt from windows 8.1 64 bit:
Qt Creator 3.5.1 (opensource)
Based on Qt 5.5.1 (MSVC 2013, 32 bit)
I want to execute my program in other computers in all windows without install other software like Qt creator.
I released my project but I can not run it. Everything works fine while debugging, even while press release, but when I want to run my project out of Qt Creator, I get following error.

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b).

Please guide me.
Thanks

neda
13th April 2016, 05:31
I copied all required .dll files next to the .exe file(Release build) by windeployqt.exe.

But the application just won't run and I do not see any error. :(

Freedom
24th July 2017, 19:09
Hi, I had the same issue - fought all day, read a lot - played around with dependency walker.

Well, the "solution" was/is: Move Your projects on a 32-Bit machine, build it there - and it works also standalone! Also on the 64-Bit machine.

But this is of course not great... How can we make it great?

Any idea?

Descriptions of my setup:

Fresh installed QT-5.9.1 Toolchain (GPL-Version).

Tested with Simple QT-Widget Project template.

Built on 64-Bit-System as release-built -> Described Error arises if trying to start the exe.

Copy project to 32-Bit System, not the mentioned error arises, but no it claims for the dlls.

All dlls given, it claims a "windows"-plugin.... screwed it.

Installed QT-5.9.1 Toolchain on 32 Bit Machine.

Built the same project again on the 32 Bit Machine - with the mentioned dlls, all fine...

d_stranz
30th July 2017, 18:01
How can we make it great?

By reading the Qt documentation on deployment (https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/deployment.html) and following those instructions instead of spreading misinformation and nonsense.