PDA

View Full Version : Web based messaging application

prabhatjha
1st May 2016, 18:05
Hello all, I had developed a messaging app in qt .where client and server both had written in c++ with qt.Now we want to make it web based .so please suggest me which language like php,Python,Ruby on rail ...etc will be best for making it web based.actually I don't want to do more change in my server side code .it will be in c++ with qt only ,I only want to do change in my client side code.

yeye_olive
1st May 2016, 21:28
By moving to the Web you may have to change the protocol between your server and client to something that a typical browser supports, which probably means HTTP-based. The server would be affected by such a change. AFAIK client-side code is usually Javascript (because it is supported out of the box by every browser that matters). PHP, Ruby on Rails, etc, are for server-side scripting.

anda_skoa
1st May 2016, 21:41
You would probably also deliver a static web page that then uses web socket to connect to a QWebSocketServer in your Qt code to do the actual chat communication.

Cheers,
_

prabhatjha
3rd May 2016, 07:35
can you suggest me how to use QWebSocketServer that we can deploy our app on web.

anda_skoa
3rd May 2016, 08:43
The word QWebSocketServer in my previous comment and this one is actually a link to the documentation of that class, which contains further links, e.g. one to an example using it.

Cheers,
_