PDA

View Full Version : GUI version of test runner

Intaek Lim
17th April 2007, 09:03
Hello there,
recently, I'm writeing unit test with qtestlib,.. it's very simple and easy to use.
But, if the number of unitests getting larger, it's hard to see all test results in small console window (I develop my stuffs on WindowsXP with VS2005).
I'd prefer GUI version of test runner(imagine read and green bar in JUnit!), but I guess no one's yet. (of course I know cppunit has qt version of gui runner, but it's compliated and heavy)

Is there any plan to develop gui'ed version of test runner? tell me plase, if you know something.

regards,
Intaek.

wysota
17th April 2007, 11:21
I don't think there are and ever will be plans for such thing. But if you want it, you can use qInstallMsgHandler() to redirect output from tests to your own class that can then display results in a GUI. I'm sure converting output to a series of QTableWidgetItems or QTreeWidgetItems shouldn't take more than an hour of work. Especially that you can make the test output in xml format, so it's easy to process such output. On the other hand you can just take the xml output and apply a xsl template on it to have a pretty result as HTML. As far as I remember, that's exactly what Trolltech does with its tests.