PDA

View Full Version : How to uninstall Qt 4 after having deleted the source tree?

jamadagni
19th April 2007, 04:36
On X11 when I do ./configure && make && make install, all files are by default installed into something like /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.x.x. Now since the compile tree occupies 1 GB on my HDD which I would like to free, I would like to delete the compile tree. But if I do that I can't do make uninstall to remove Qt. What are the options?

Can I just remove the install directory and that's all? Will there be any residual files or environment variables left?
Can I just keep the makefile and remove the rest of the tree, so that I can still do make uninstall? Would that work?

I am asking here so I can be sure of a way out before I delete my tree. Thanks.

wysota
19th April 2007, 08:24
To uninstall just remove the directory where Qt was installed. If you didn't customise the installation too much, all files are in one directory.

jamadagni
19th April 2007, 11:32
To uninstall just remove the directory where Qt was installed. If you didn't customise the installation too much, all files are in one directory.
How about environmental variables? Does Qt set any at default install which I have to undefine at uninstall? I am talking on X11 platforms only.

Thanks.

marcel
19th April 2007, 11:42
No, on Linux (Unix), you have to set the env vars manually, in a startup script. If you haven't set them yet then it means they aren't there.