PDA

View Full Version : mouseePress / mouseEvent , cursor coordinates & zoom issue

Qtdigitex
13th July 2016, 09:06
Hi ,

i'm a beginner in PyQt and i want to know please : what's the difference between mousePressEvent() and mouseReleaseEvent() ? :rolleyes:

also i've another issue : i showed an image on a QgraphicsView like this : QImage ( path ) ==> convert to QPixmap ==> set On the QGraphicsView's Scene

is it possible to have the cursor coordinates Inside the image without clicking on any mouse or keybord button ? just navigating Inside the image and showing image pixel coordinates on the status bar ? :confused:

i'd like also to code a zoom function usine wheelEvent or comboBox :

i used the QImage instance and apply scale(current.width * zoom_factor, current.height() * zoom_factor) function , the problem i want the zoom to be centered around the current position of the cursor.

using , my method i have to use scroll bars each time i zoom to see the region i wanted to see ... and that's not cool :(

Thanks for reading ,

anda_skoa
13th July 2016, 11:18
i'm a beginner in PyQt and i want to know please : what's the difference between mousePressEvent() and mouseReleaseEvent() ? :rolleyes:

As their names say, one is called when a mouse button is pressed, the other one when a mouse button is released.

is it possible to have the cursor coordinates Inside the image without clicking on any mouse or keybord button ? just navigating Inside the image and showing image pixel coordinates on the status bar ? :confused:

You probably need to enable mouse tracking on the view and then implement mouseMoveEvent()

i'd like also to code a zoom function usine wheelEvent or comboBox :

i used the QImage instance and apply scale(current.width * zoom_factor, current.height() * zoom_factor) function , the problem i want the zoom to be centered around the current position of the cursor.

using , my method i have to use scroll bars each time i zoom to see the region i wanted to see ... and that's not cool :(

Do you want to zoom or do you want to scale the elements?
For zooming you can just call scale() on the view and set the transformation anchor to view center.

Cheers,
_

Qtdigitex
13th July 2016, 13:44
As their names say, one is called when a mouse button is pressed, the other one when a mouse button is released.

You probably need to enable mouse tracking on the view and then implement mouseMoveEvent()

Do you want to zoom or do you want to scale the elements?
For zooming you can just call scale() on the view and set the transformation anchor to view center.

Cheers,
_

thanks for responding

1/ Yeah , sorry . English is not my native language. that's why i don't understand what's the difference concretly between both events :rolleyes: :

press is only one press but release : does it mean press for a long time ?

2/ ok, i'll try this

3/ i want to zoom , how can i set transformation Anchor to view center please ? ;) is it possible to set it to any point ? if it is , i can set it to the mouse position recupered from the mouseMoveEvent and it will resolve my problem i think

Added after 1 21 minutes:

2/ the mouseMoveEvent worked ,

3/ the combination of scale() / centerOn() is the solution and it works perfectly :cool:

thanks ,

anda_skoa
13th July 2016, 15:24
press is only one press but release : does it mean press for a long time ?

No, press means mouse button went down and release means mouse button went up

3/ i want to zoom , how can i set transformation Anchor to view center please ? ;)

In the documentation for QGraphicsView, click on the transformationAnchor property and you'll get the name of the setter function.

is it possible to set it to any point ?

No, the property is an enum type, it has a fixed set of values.

i can set it to the mouse position recupered from the mouseMoveEvent

Yes, mouse position is one of the options.

Cheers,
_

Qtdigitex
13th July 2016, 18:30
1/ thanks ,

3/ so , unfortunately the transformationAnchor() functon doesn't resolve the problem , the centerOn / scale combination does better work

Thanks anyway