PDA

View Full Version : Seeking advice on which qt widget to use.

bkn
14th July 2016, 12:42
I am seeking advice on how (if possible) to construct a UI similar to the mock up below. I am not well versed in Qt widgets for custom work.

I already have my application that using the a tree view with a custom model. Although i find the treeview to be too limiting, see second image.

I thought i could implement my own TreeView, or perhaps i could use something more free-form like QGraphicsView or QGraphicsScene or QGL... or similar. If i were to use a more free-form widget then i would loose the advantages of the TreeView/TreeModel (e.g. sorting, proxy model, delegates).

If any QT experts have any thoughts on an approach i'd love to hear it. I've look around the web and couldn't find any similar.

Thank you!

anda_skoa
15th July 2016, 11:04
I thought i could implement my own TreeView, or perhaps i could use something more free-form like QGraphicsView or QGraphicsScene or QGL... or similar.

As you said, either your own view based on QAbstractItemView or using QGraphicsView, maybe event QtQuick.

If i were to use a more free-form widget then i would loose the advantages of the TreeView/TreeModel (e.g. sorting, proxy model, delegates).

Not necessarily, as your custom widget could still operate on a model, even use delegates.

Cheers,
_