PDA

View Full Version : Access Memory Address of a QT made viewer?

Nfrancisj
23rd July 2016, 22:26
Hi friends, :)

I'm trying to create a little snapshot tool for Nuke 9. Nuke is a visual fx compositing software built using Qt.
So if you'd kindly refer to the attached image, Nuke has a Viewer, which has a few switches and button, and more importantly a timeline to scrub the image sequence that's currently being viewed. This viewer stores the current frame into memory as the user changes frame.

What I would like to do is get the memory location of the image at the current frame. Is there a way to do that? I've been reading up on Qt's Qtimeline, and the Caching options, but I can't seem to find anything on how to access the cached location in memory. Nuke does have an API which I'm currently lost in, but I'm hoping someone knows a quick way. :D

Cheers!

anda_skoa
24th July 2016, 10:41
QTimeLine is just a helper class for mapping times in a time range into frame numbers.

It doesn't have any visual component nor access to anything that the application might associated with a given frame number.

Since you need access to the currently displayed frame it is not really of interest to you what the next frame will be, so QTimeLine is not something you need to bother with.

What you need to find is the API of the program that lets you access or export the current frame.

If the program doesn't allow that you'll have to resort to taking a screenshot of the view or the whole window and then getting the image from that.

Cheers,
_

Nfrancisj
25th July 2016, 02:14
Bummer, I suspected as much. I actually meant to say Pixmap, not Qtimeline. Sorry.
I asked in the Nuke forums, but that's has a very low response rate.
Anyway, thankyou very much :)

Cheers!