PDA

View Full Version : My deployed Qt Stops receiving UDP packets...

canelonesoj
14th September 2016, 19:36
Folks,
There is something odd happening with my Qt application. When I deploye it using the utility "windeployqt.exe" it seems to behave differently than when I run it within the Qt-Creator IDE. I am compiling against version 5.5.1. The problem is when I run the deployed application it eventually stops receiving UDP packets but when I run it within the IDE it doesn't quit; it runs for days without stopping. I know the UDP packets are still coming in because I can see them on Wireshark. The packet rate is 100 packets per second. When I reduce the packet rate down to 10 packets per second, both the deployed as well as the non-deployed versions run indefinitely.

I know there used to be a problem with the UDP socket interface where the socket stopped receiving packets (AUT-20) but I know this was fixed in 5.5.1 and 5.6.0.

Has anyone run into this?

regards,
Orlando

wysota
15th September 2016, 07:37
So the application keeps running but it doesn't receive data or does the application crash?

canelonesoj
16th September 2016, 15:25
The application doesn't crash. It simply stops receiving UDP packets even though packets are still coming in.

Orlando

wysota
19th September 2016, 08:50
Are you reading those packets as they come in? What does hasPendingDatagrams() return?

canelonesoj
19th September 2016, 17:31
Yes, I am reading the UDP packets as they come in. The data out of the packets looks correct; it's just that eventually the socket stops receiving the packets. There are no further datagrams. Wireshark still shows packets coming in from the source but the application is no longer receiving them.

Orlando

wysota
20th September 2016, 08:16
Can you prepare a minimal compilable example reproducing the problem? Which version of Qt is your application linked against?

jefftee
21st September 2016, 02:02
Might want to checkout this bug (https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-46552) report.

misowei
18th December 2017, 05:25
Hi, I have same problem as yours.

Since running in Qt Creator is working well, but not working by using the execution file generated by windeployqt.exe. Let me so confused.

And finally I check the firewall rule in window. And enable the rule, all work out OK.

My computer is not in English, but you can find the setting in Firewall -> Advance setting in Windows.

Just apply all these three options, and try again, should be working.

son
18th December 2017, 06:02
@misowei, What make you think that we can read chinese?