PDA

View Full Version : qtcreator.exe -Entry Point Not Found

Geoma
24th September 2016, 08:07
When loading qtcreator 3.6.1 I get the error message

"The procedure entry point strlen could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll" .

This error also appear when loading qml2puppet.exe.

I am using Windows XP Professional Ver: 5.1.2600
On AMD Turion processor.

Qt Creator 3.6.1.
Based on Qt 5.6.0 (MSVC 2013,32 bit)

How to solve this problem ?.

See images of the error message in attached files.

d_stranz
24th September 2016, 18:35
Your Windows XP run-time is probably far out of date compared with the MSVCRT (Microsoft Visual C Run-Time) library that Qt Creator was built against. Since your Qt Creator was built using MSVC 2013, 32bit, you probably need to install the redistributable (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms235299(v=vs.120).aspx) package for that compiler version.

I cannot tell you what it will do on a Windows XP system. It could trash your OS or it could be just fine. XP is obsolete and no longer supported by Microsoft, so I do not know if they guarantee that newer versions of Microsoft libraries will work on it. You should read what you can find online before you install anything.

As an alternative, you could build Qt Creator from source code on your system. This way, you will be guaranteed that your Microsoft libraries will be used. But if Qt Creator uses C++11 code, then if your compiler is also old that might not work either. I do not know anything about Qt Creator source code so you'll need to do more investigation.

Geoma
25th September 2016, 08:08
Thank you for you valued advice, I will try it and post the outcome.

Geoma.