PDA

View Full Version : makespec error for platform linux-g++

mohankhanzode
31st October 2016, 10:53
Hello All,
I have downloaded the qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.7.0 (ubuntux-linux platform) but while running configure script and selecting -o (open source) option getting below error.

make: c: command not found
Done.
Running configuration tests...
Failed to process makespec for platform 'Linux-g++'
Turn on verbose messaging (-v) to see the final report.

Could you helm me to sort out this issue as I couldn't see any makespec file in downloaded source.

d_stranz
31st October 2016, 21:34
make: c: command not found

This suggests to me that one of the paths and/or filenames in your configure script has a whitespace character in it. The makespec error is a consequence of make failing and will likely disappear once you fix the reason why make fails.

The "mkspecs" directory is under qtbase in your source distribution. If you searched for "makespec" that's why you didn't find it.

mohankhanzode
2nd November 2016, 12:04
Thanks for your replay. I had downloaded qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.7.0.zip file and unzip the same on Linux (Ubuntu) system.
I believe tar.gz has to be downloaded and need to untar the same in order to have successful configuration of QT. Please correct if I am wrong.

anda_skoa
2nd November 2016, 13:18
The ZIP and Tar.gz should have the same content, those are just different package formats.

Cheers,
_

mohankhanzode
2nd November 2016, 13:52
Yes both have the same content but ZIP version is not compatible in Linux (Ubuntu). I have downloaded tar version now and it is working now as expected but during
issuing make command I am getting below error.

project ERROR: unknown module(s) in QT: quick

Leaving directory /qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.7.0/qtpurchasing/examples.

Does it mean MakeFile needs to be updated for the this directory or is there any workaround is there for the same.

Now how to skip compilation under qtpurchasing/examples directory as I don't require the same.

anda_skoa
2nd November 2016, 14:42
You can configure the build to be without examples.

The error indicates that the QtQuick module was not built, probably due to some missing dependency.
And it is then needed by the QtPurchasing example.

Cheers,
_

d_stranz
2nd November 2016, 14:50
I believe the ZIP version has Windows line endings, the tar package has linux line endings. This could have caused the problem you first saw.