PDA

View Full Version : Over 100mb of dependencies with Qt?

adutzu89
28th November 2016, 13:29
So I ported a Python webapp to Qt Qml + WebView and when gathering all required Qt dependencies the directory uses over 100mbs, is this normal?

jefftee
1st December 2016, 05:57
I've only developed Qt apps for the mac and I use C++, not QML. My footprint is usually in the ~ 30MB range. 100MB seems high, but as I said, once you add QML into the mix, I'm not surprised that your footprint requirement is larger.

I assume you've already taken obvious steps like ensuring you're not including framework features that you don't need and not using, etc.

anda_skoa
1st December 2016, 07:57
I think this depends a lot on the platfor, the configuration of Qt and which modules of Qt are being used.

E.g. I think at some point on Windows there was/is a deploment dependency on ICU, which has lots of data for timezone handling.
Not need on any modern platform as those have ICU in the system. But developers who's applications didn't need timezone support could build Qt without.

Cheers.
_

adutzu89
1st December 2016, 15:07
Sorry for not saying which platform is the target: it's Linux/X11.

I assume you've already taken obvious steps like ensuring you're not including framework features that you don't need and not using, etc.

Yes, I've put only the Qt libraries required.

Apparently libQt5WebEngineCore.so.5 uses most of mentioned space 75mb.

anda_skoa
3rd December 2016, 13:17
Yes, web engines are pretty complex these days and Blink is also known to include forks of several libraries.

Cheers,
_