PDA

View Full Version : Files needed to create a package

vermarajeev
30th April 2007, 13:40
Hi all,
I have created an application using qt4.2.2 on windows and I want to run this application to another system where there is no qt installed. So my question is what files are required to make it run.

When I use to work on qt3.3.4 I used these files and there was no problems.
1) qt-mt334.dll
2) msvcp71.dll
3) myexe.exe

I tried using these files for qt4.2.2
1) QtCore4.dll //for Core
2) QtGui4.dll //for Gui
3) QtOpenGL4.dll //for opengl
4) msvcp71.dll
5) myexe.exe

But it just shows me the main Dialog without any Text or anything. But when I run the same application with files mentioned above on systems where qt4 is installed, it works fine with no problem.

Am I missing something above?

Thanks

marcel
30th April 2007, 13:50
Well, make sure you compiled the release version, and that you don't use any other qt modules beside the ones you mentioned.

Don't you need msvcr71.dll also?

regards

vermarajeev
30th April 2007, 14:11
Well, make sure you compiled the release version, and that you don't use any other qt modules beside the ones you mentioned.

Don't you need msvcr71.dll also?

regards

I tried using msvcr71.dll along with files mentioned above. Also release version too is compiled but the result is same. The mainwindow is shown but text drawn on GLWidget which is a child of MainWindow is not shown.

marcel
30th April 2007, 14:18
Doesn't OpenGL need any libraries aside QtOpenGL? I never used it but isn't it just a wrapper for the OpenGL libs?

marcel
30th April 2007, 14:22
Hey, why don't you try this : http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/ProcessesAndThreads/ProcessExplorer.mspx

It is free and it lets you see (among other things) what dll's a certain process has loaded. You can use it to see all the dependencies of your program. I used it too for the same purpose.

Regards