PDA

View Full Version : Unable to have a background component with qml + opengl scene graph

rannamal
13th March 2017, 11:33
Consider the opengl under qml scene graph example http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qtquick-scenegraph-openglunderqml-example.html

Everything works fine until i create a background rectangle of any color with full opacity.
I expect the squircle opengl widget to be shown with the rectangular component as a background but actually the background rectangle is drawn above the squircle and I am not able to see the opengl widget drawn using the shaders.

Actual code :

import QtQuick 2.0
import OpenGLUnderQML 1.0

Item {

width: 320
height: 480

//Actual widget which is drawn using opengl
Squircle {
}
}

Modified Code

import QtQuick 2.0
import OpenGLUnderQML 1.0

Item {

width: 320
height: 480

//Background rectangle which i expect to be shown below the opengl widget
//But actually it gets drawn over the opengl widget
//This is visible by reducing the opacity of the background rectnagle
Rectangle {
anchors.fill: parent
color: "#ffff0000"
}

Squircle {
}
}

Will there be any way to draw any qml components below the opengl widget drawn using QML ?

rannamal
14th March 2017, 05:32
I am able to draw the opengl component above the qml component when i paint on listening to afterRendering signal ( instead of beforeRendering signal )

changed from

connect(window(), &QQuickWindow::beforeRendering, m_renderer, &SquircleRenderer::paint, Qt::DirectConnection);
to

connect(window(), &QQuickWindow::afterRendering, m_renderer, &SquircleRenderer::paint, Qt::DirectConnection);

Reduced the view port dimensions from

glViewport(0, 0, m_viewportSize.width(), m_viewportSize.height());
to

glViewport(80, 0, 150, 500);

I draw the gl widget only for half of the screen and i expect the rest half of the screen to show my qml component in the background. But the opengl widget draws on one half where its intented to and it leaves a black area in the rest of the screen where i expect the qml background to be shown.

Any ideas will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.