PDA

View Full Version : Qt in given path was build using MinGW

nimrod1989
16th August 2017, 22:14
Hi guys,

I'm trying to set up the VS extension for QT but when I try to give the QT path it gives me this error.

I'm using VS 2017 Community edition and I've installed the latest QT version from here:
QT open source download page (https://www.qt.io/download-open-source/)

How do I get this working?

high_flyer
17th August 2017, 10:15
As the error says, you installed a MinGW built Qt.
If you want to use Qt with Visual Studio you need to install a visual studio built Qt.
As far as I can see on the download page only MSVC 2015 is supported, I don't know if MSVC 2017 will be compatible, you can try.
http://download.qt.io/official_releases/qt/5.6/5.6.2/qt-opensource-windows-x86-msvc2015_64-5.6.2.exe
Or, you can get the latest source of Qt5.9.1 and build it with your visual studio.

nimrod1989
17th August 2017, 20:29
Thank you for your reply.

After removing the incorrect installed version and installed the correct one I was able to create a sample project.

However, when trying to build it, I was prompted with the following list of errors. May this error be related with the fact that I've installed QT for VS 2015, while I have the VS 2017 installed?

high_flyer
18th August 2017, 10:20
Hard to tell as the screenshot is both hard to read due to low resolution and what I can make out is that it seems there is a problem with the include of the ui file.
The errors indicate that include paths to math lib and probably others are missing.
It has been years since I worked with visual studio, so I can't really say where you can check to make sure these include paths are set and correct.
Either someone else here can help you with that, or you could also try a visual studio related forums.

nimrod1989
20th August 2017, 21:28
Hello guys,

I was able to fix my environment after looking in the Output view, instead of the Error List:

1>------ Rebuild All started: Project: QtGuiApplication1, Configuration: Debug x64 ------
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Pla tforms\x64\PlatformToolsets\v141\Toolset.targets(3 6,5): error MSB8036: The Windows SDK version 8.1 was not found. Install the required version of Windows SDK or change the SDK version in the project property pages or by right-clicking the solution and selecting "Retarget solution".
1>Done building project "QtGuiApplication1.vcxproj" -- FAILED.
========== Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

Unfortunately, I need to make this change each time I create a new qt project.

@high_flyer thank you once again for your help!