PDA

View Full Version : Visual Assist X and Qt

ShaChris23
4th May 2007, 18:19
Does anyone use Visual Assist with Qt ? If so, did you have to add Qt's inc/src directories to VA? What were the directories assuming default Qt installation? I guess the question is how to get VA to work fully with Qt?

marcel
4th May 2007, 18:38
Yes, I use them for a long time now.

I just added the QTDIR/include and QTDIR/src to the Visual Assist custom dirs, and it works just fine ( just takes a little to parse all the sources ).

Regards

ShaChris23
4th May 2007, 19:34
Hi Marcel,

When you right-click on Qt functions ( i.e. QString::append() ), does it take you to the source file? I'm just trying to find out the reason why we need to add the src directory. It seems function completion works fine for me.

VAX is a pretty good tool now that I start to get used to it.

marcel
4th May 2007, 20:10
The shortcut for "Go to definition" is Alt+G. I added the Qt dirs because VAX simply does not work in large projects.

I am aware that for smaller projects it will work just fine, so you have nothing to worry about.

Regards

ShaChris23
5th May 2007, 02:26
Oh Marcel, when you say large projects, how big are we talking? Also, what happens when VAX doesnt work? Does it slow down the IDE a lot?

marcel
5th May 2007, 04:54
By large project I mean 200-300 source files.

It never stopped working completely, just the "Go to def" functionality. Sometimes I had to restart the environment to make it work again. But once I added the Qt src and headers it works fine.

Regards