PDA

View Full Version : Speech recognition?

gadnio
5th May 2007, 12:14
Hi,
It has been a while from my last post in here, but I didn't find anything when searching on this particular task:

How am I supposed to bring speech synthesis/recognition software working together with Qt?
I have read about the QAccessible and friends, but there wasn't any guide on how to create a QAccessibleBridge. I'd be glad if someone could post some examples / additional reading here.

high_flyer
7th May 2007, 10:15
All though I never had to use QAccessible and co, I am not sure its what you need.
As far as I can understand the docs, QAccessible allows alternative input methods to be integrated in to the application through a predefined API.
It supports prefined API's that allow other input devices to act as keyboard and mouse, and thus you don't need to write the application's input handling differentyl than you'd do for a "noraml" (where mouse and keybaourd are used) application.

I guess the key question is, what kind of speech recognition do you have in mind?
Does the speech recognition meant to be used as an alternative input method, or is this a speech recognition based application which has to have that feature always?

You can always just link to your speech recognition lib, just like any lib, and integrate it in your application.

gadnio
7th May 2007, 10:46
Hello,
I want to use speech recognition as an input device. Users should be able to enter text in, say, text boxes, or to command push buttons, to search for controls, etc.. I believe it could be done through QAccessible & co, but how.. this is the question. Any tutorials/source will be helpful.

high_flyer
7th May 2007, 10:49
In this case I think you are right, QAccessible is probably the right way.
I can't help with the "how", but I would go throught he API, and try to figure it out that way.

Good luck!