PDA

View Full Version : Qt 4.7 installation problems

UrATowelie
26th September 2017, 15:18
Hey guys, so here's the thing: i downloaded the Qt 4.7 tar and i'm installing on ubuntu 16. I unzip the downloaded folder and installed all libs that were preventing me to run the ./configure
After i could run the configure, the make runs but get an error at some point. Here's what i get when i run 'make configure' or 'make':

I really appreciate the attention, Ty :D.

ednakram
27th September 2017, 01:46
Please read the documentation here:
https://doc.qt.io/archives/qt-4.7/install-x11.html

Did you follow the steps as mentioned there?
Does the qmake exist at the given location?

UrATowelie
27th September 2017, 14:08
I did, and still coundnt find. But heres the thing, i'm tring to install Qt with ARM v6 and my supervisor said that it would be better if i follow all the things that come with the product manual (because its chinese); as i had trouble installing Qt 4.7, do you think it would give me problems if i try to install this cross-compiler with Qt 5? I really appreciate the help bro.

d_stranz
27th September 2017, 17:31
do you think it would give me problems if i try to install this cross-compiler with Qt 5?

If you are cross-compiling, it does not really matter what IDE you use on the host platform for developing your code. What is important is that the cross-compile toolchain supports the run-time libraries you will be using on the target platform. If your target platform uses Qt 4.7, then you should install a cross-compile toolchain that will build against Qt 4.7 include files and libraries.

UrATowelie
29th September 2017, 02:18
If you are cross-compiling, it does not really matter what IDE you use on the host platform for developing your code. What is important is that the cross-compile toolchain supports the run-time libraries you will be using on the target platform. If your target platform uses Qt 4.7, then you should install a cross-compile toolchain that will build against Qt 4.7 include files and libraries.

Yeah, ill try it, but i do admite that it gave me headache. But i really do appreciate bro! What makes it so hard is that its not a "automatic" plataform as raspberry and the developers didnt explain a lot on manual..

d_stranz
29th September 2017, 02:22
That's why they call it the "bleeding edge". They don't explain that it means it is -you- who is bleeding... :-)