PDA

View Full Version : Really New to QT and finding problem in very basics

Kapil
15th February 2006, 06:03
Hi,

I am very new to Qt and am finding problem in the very basics of the Signals and Slots.
How to we connect a button click signal with my own slot.

What i did was that with the help of QT Designer i made a page with 2 buttons and one lineEdit. Now the first button was connected to the MainWindow with the clicked signal and the close slot.
it read as:

connect(button,SIGNAL(clicked()),MainWindow,SLOT(c lose()));

now what i want is that when i click the second button then it should display me a line on the lineEdit.

For that i created a class called Action.h and declared a slot in there. Then i made an action.cpp and defined the slot there.
Now is the problem? How do i get this slot connected to the clicked() signal of the button. Where should I write the connect statement which would connect the click of the button to the desired user-defined slot.

Thanking you,
Kapil

Kapil
15th February 2006, 10:29
hi,

here i am attaching the code with the message. It conatins: ui file, action.h and action.cpp file, main.cpp and the sigform.h..

i am not able to find what is the error that it contains. Please tell me why is it not working..

thanking you,

Kapil

ReilenBlaeyze
15th February 2006, 11:50
As far as I can tell, you connect pushbutton2 to close() and you connected pushbutton1 to signal clicked to pushbutton2... neither calls your action class

zlatko
15th February 2006, 11:54
In action.cpp replace your connect on next

connect(mw->pushButton, SIGNAL(clicked()), SLOT(actionSlot()));

Kapil
15th February 2006, 11:59
In action.cpp replace your connect on next

connect(mw->pushButton, SIGNAL(clicked()), SLOT(actionSlot()));

I replaced the connect with the connect you asked me to in the action.cpp stil its not working.. nothing comes on the lineEdit when i press the button.

How to print anything on the lineEdit when i click on the pushButton...

Thanking you..
Kapil

Kapil
15th February 2006, 12:02
As far as I can tell, you connect pushbutton2 to close() and you connected pushbutton1 to signal clicked to pushbutton2... neither calls your action class

Hi ReilenBlaeyze,

From where should i call the actionClass.. I want the PushButton clicked signal to get recognized.. So far no action is being taken on the click button.. what i thought was that when i click the first button, the second click will be called and it will exit...

or i will change the connect to another statement as told above and still no output is shown on the lineEdit.. so how should i instantiate the ActionClass ?

Kapil

wysota
15th February 2006, 12:09
This is a double thread. Would the author please decide to post in only one of the threads? Thank you.

Kapil
15th February 2006, 12:34
This is a double thread. Would the author please decide to post in only one of the threads? Thank you.

I am sorry.. I basically got confused that in which thread i should post my problem.. Then i thought that my porblem is that of a newbie so i should rather post the thread in the newbie.. Didnt know how to move the thread from there..

Thank you
Kapil